About Campus Transportations Services (Buses & Shuttles)
The following campus transportation services, which are free of charge to students, are supported by the transportation fee paid by each student. Many commuter students will park once in the morning and then use University transportation throughout the day.
- The UB Stampede! - ride the Stampede buses to get between campuses.
- Shuttles on North Campus - move you where you need to go on the North Campus via the North Campus Shuttle or Green Line Shuttle.
- South/Downtown Campus Shuttles - the Blue Line connects the Downtown and South Campuses without the hassle of connecting from shuttle to shuttle. The Orange Line is a rotator shuttle connecting all areas of the South Campus.
- Mall/Market Shuttle - need to shop? Take the Mall/Market Shuttle to WalMart, Tops, Wegmans and the Mall.
- Disability Parking & Transportation Services - information to assist with special on-campus travel needs
- View current schedules/timetables for all transportation services or continue reading below for more information.
UB Stampede Buses
The University provides connecting bus service between the North and South Campuses on UB Stampede buses which run approximately every 5 to 10 minutes Monday through Friday during the academic year; every 30 to 60 minutes on weekends and during the summer.
Stampede Bus Stop Locations
- North Campus: Service Center Road, Flint Loop, Governors, Lee Loop, Ellicott Complex
- South Campus: Goodyear Hall, Main Circle
- In-Between Campuses: Maynard Road and Grover Cleveland Highway (northbound and southbound)
- View PDF map of bus/shuttle stops: North Campus (1.8MB) | South Campus (1.1MB) (See map legend for shuttle/bus icons.)
ID Required to Ride
University transportation is reserved for UB students, faculty, staff members, and guests. Kindly have your UB Card or affiliate institution badge, guest pass, or event confirmation, ready to present when you are asked.
North Campus Shuttle Services
- Express Service - On the North Campus, most classes are held in the centrally located academic Spine area. To travel between the Ellicott Complex and the Spine, students can either walk or take an express shuttle. During the Fall and Spring semesters, busses depart the Ellicott Tunnel for Lee Loop every 5-7 minutes.
- North Campus Shuttle: North Campus shuttle services are accessible to all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Vehicles and persons utilizing guest, range, vendor, clinic, and special event parking permits are viewed as visitors to the campus and can park in areas where the permit is valid and make use of the shuttle services to facilitate reaching their destination. The University at Buffalo's North Campus Shuttle connects the entire North Campus stopping at 18 different key locations. The service also provides a valuable park and ride option from the Alumni and Stadium parking lots. The Stadium parking lot contains 225 parking spaces and spaces are most often available. You can expect a Shuttle every 10 minutes during the semester between 8 am to 7 pm. After 7 pm the shuttle will arrive between every 10 to 20 minutes.
- Green Line Shuttle: The Green Line operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm with departures every 10 minutes. This service provides a valuable park and ride option from the Center for Tomorrow lot to Flint Loop in the heart of the campus. There are always spaces available in the Center for Tomorrow (CFT) parking lot. The CFT lot contains parking spaces for almost 400 vehicles. We strongly encourage use of this parking lot and the connecting Green Line shuttle service.
South/Downtown Campus Shuttles
- Orange Line Shuttle: The Orange Line operates Monday through Friday from 8am to 3:30pm with departures every 20 minutes. The Orange Line is a rotator shuttle connecting all areas of the South Campus and connects to the Blue Line downtown shuttle and the inter-campus Stampede bus stops. In addition, the Orange Line provides a Park and Ride service from the Main-Bailey and Parker Lots.
- Blue Line Shuttle: The "UB BLUE LINE" is a route that connects the Downtown and South Campuses weekdays, without the hassle of connecting from shuttle to shuttle. This route is designed to more effectively connect the campuses by increasing headways, and eliminating unproductive stops. Two shuttles will operate daily on the UB BLUE LINE, with the first shuttle departing the Main Bailey lot at 6:30 am each weekday, and the final shuttle dropping off at Main Circle at 8:35 pm. Between 7:30am and 5:30pm you can expect a shuttle every 30 minutes.
Mall/Market Shuttle Service
Let us take you shopping! The Mall/Market bus and shuttle runs Wednesday and Saturdays during the fall and spring semester when classes are in session. Shuttles will provide transportation to WalMart, Wegmans, Tops (on Maple Rd) and the Boulevard Mall from both North and South Campuses.
- North Campus: Ellicott, Governors, Apartments, Tops on Maple Rd., Boulevard Mall, Wegmans, and Walmart
- South Campus: Clement, Goodyear, Boulevard Mall, Wegmans, Tops on Maple Rd, and Walmart
Disability Parking & Transportation Services
Public Transportation Services
- NFTA Metro Services routes and schedule information
- NFTA Trip Planner: Plan your next metro bus or rail trip (includes airport, bus and train terminals)
- NFTA Metro Bus Stops On-Campus
- North Campus: Augspurger Rd. (front of Jacobs B), Augspurger Rd. (front of Campus Mail), Corner of Service Center Rd. and Flint Rd. (across from Center for Tomorrow), and Flint Loop.
- South Campus: Rapid Transit Station, Bailey Ave./Michael Rd. intersection, Bailey Ave./Sherman Road
- NFTA Metro bus stops are designated by a single-tone square, on the campus maps