Campus Transportation TipsPlease observe the following rules when using campus bus or shuttle services:
- Stay clear of the bus until it comes to a complete stop.
- Board the bus by the front door only in single file. Always use handrails and watch your step.
- If you have questions for the driver, please ask before departure of the bus.
- Find an available seat and remain there until the bus arrives at your stop.
- Please refrain from eating, drinking or smoking on the bus.
- Do not block aisle with books or bags; they are tripping hazards.
- Loud talking, use of radio/tape/CD players may distract driver.
- Never ask driver to stop at an unauthorized stop.
- At your stop, gather personal belongings together and wait till the bus comes to a complete stop before standing up.
- If you are standing while the bus is in motion, be sure to remain behind the white safety line. Use handrails to facilitate maintaining balance.
- Never run back to the bus even if you dropped or forgot something. The driver may have difficulty seeing you.
- Cross the street behind the bus. This helps you see and be seen by other motorists.
- If you have to cross the street in front of the bus, walk at least ten feet ahead of the bus until you can turn around and see the driver. Make sure that the driver can see you. Carefully walk across the road, keeping an eye out for other vehicles.
Due to weather or traffic conditions, buses may run a few minutes early or late. It is recommended that all passengers arrive at designated bus stops in advance of scheduled times.